* SONET/SDH turn-up and troubleshooting
* Optical transport network (OTN) testing
Key Features and Benefits
* OC-768/STM-256 testing with STS-1/AU-3 granularity
* Supports OTN testing at the OTU3 level including forward error correction (FEC) as per ITU-T G.709
* Supports single and dual stage optical channel data unit ODU multiplexing with SONET/SDH and Ethernet mapped client signals
* Offers ODU0 (1.25 Gbit/s) container with Gigabit Ethernet and SONET/SDH client signals for qualifying newly and efficiently mapped transport and datacom services over OTN
* Supports circuit and packet ODUflex testing capabilities for OTN bandwidth optimization
* Intuitive, feature-rich user interface with automated test scripting and multi-user remote management capabilities
* Compatible with any of EXFO’s FTB-500 supported modules, including its industry-leading 40 Gbit/s fiber characterization modules
SONET/SDH Testing Reaches New Level
Increased demand for data and video services continues to put a strain on existing networks, driving the need for higher performance metro and core networks. As a result, the shift from 10 gigabit- to 40 gigabit-enabled networks has accelerated over the last year, and will continue at a strong pace, allowing service providers to ensure their next-generation SONET/SDH networks are scaled to meet these growing bandwidth demands.
This upgrade to 40 Gbit/s transmission creates new challenges for service providers, driving the need for 40 gigabit field test equipment to ensure that new network deployments meet industry standards and offer the required service quality and reliability.
EXFO's FTB-8140 Transport Blazer test module, the industry’s most compact 40/43 gigabit field tester, provides advanced SONET/SDH and OTN test functions in a single module. This module is compatible with the FTB-500 Platform, which also supports 40 Gbit/s physical layer modules such as CD, PMD and OSA, ensuring that field technicians have a truly portable solution that meets every testing requirement.