* Multiservice SONET/SDH metro network deployment and maintenance
* ROADM deployment and maintenance
Key Features and Benefits
* DS0/E0 to OC-192/STM-64/OTU2 testing in a single module
* Supports SONET, SDH, DSn, PDH, next-generation SONET/SDH and OTN testing
* Ethernet-over-SONET/SDH (EoS) testing via GFP, VCAT and LCAS software options
* OTN forward error correction (FEC) and optical channel data unit (ODU) multiplex testing capabilities as per ITU-T G.709
* Offers ODU0 (1.25 Gbit/s) container with Gigabit Ethernet and SONET/SDH client signals for qualifying newly and efficiently mapped transport and datacom services over OTN
* Supports circuit and packet ODUflex testing capabilities for OTN bandwidth optimization
* SmartMode signal structure discovery for rates of up to 10 Gbit/s, with real-time simultaneous monitoring of all discovered STS/AU and user selected VT/TU channels
* Intuitive, feature-rich user interface with automated test scripting and multi-user remote management capabilities
The Next Step in SONET/SDH Testing
The increased demand for data and video services continues to drive the need for more cost-effective networks. Technologies such as next-generation SONET/SDH are becoming more important to service providers as they offer an economical means of introducing new revenue-generating, Ethernet-based transport services on existing SONET/SDH infrastructures. In addition, implementation of OTN(ITU-T G.709) will also help reduce the cost of operating DWDM networks by achieving higher transmission quality with longer optical links through the use of forward error correction (FEC).
This opportunity creates the need for test solutions that can help ensure proper deployment, operation and maintenance of standard SONET/SDH, OTN and new Ethernet-based transport networks.
EXFO's FTB-8120 (2.5/2.7 Gbit/s) and FTB-8130 (10/11.3 Gbit/s) Transport Blazer test modules provide advanced DSn/PDH, SONET/SDH, next-generation SONET/SDH and OTN test functions in a single unit, eliminating the need for multiple purpose-built test platforms when commissioning or troubleshooting SONET/SDH, OTN and new data-aware SONET/SDH circuits.
SONET/SDH Service Turn-Up and Troubleshooting
The FTB-8120/8130 Transport Blazer modules offer a wide range of SONET/SDH test functions, allowing users to perform tests ranging from simple bit-error-rate (BER) testing to advanced characterization and troubleshooting procedures. These functions include: