BPL SERIES OF BENCH-TOP PROGRAMMABLE DC ELECTRONIC LOADS (400W-800W)
The BPL Bench-top eLoad strikes the perfect balance between value, features, and ROI. Built on dual current shunt architecture, the BPL provides accurate current readings for high-currents up to 200Adc and low-current readings down to the micro-amps.
AMREL’s BPL Series of "Bench-top" dc Electronic eLoads offers high-end performance, the industry’s highest power-density and current-rating, fast response time and unparalleled current measurement accuracy in a 3U ½ rack package.The BPL is a full-featured, powerful, ultra-compact, and user-friendly bench-top eLoad.
You will discover a wide range of options in AMREL’s BPL Series of "Bench-top" dc Electronic eLoads. If you can’t find what you need, BPL models are capable of being custom-tailored to meet your application requirements.
BPL Series Markets and Applications
|• Power Electronics Testing
• • • • dc-dc Converters
• • • • ac-dc Power Supplies
• • • • Switching Power Supplies
• • • • POL (Point of Load)
• Power Electronic Components Testing
• Laboratories, Universities and R&D
Exceptional Features and Benefits include:
• Broadest Model Selection: 400W, 800W, or Custom-tailored Power Rating
• Exclusive High-voltage Models:Standard 60V, 120V, 400V & 600V Voltage Ratings and
• Widest Selection of Exclusive 800Vdc Models
• Ideal for Unique Test Applications:Custom-tailored Ratings & Features Available
• Ultra-current Precision & Accuracy: Dual-current Shunt Architecture Provides Ultra-accurate Current
• Measurements and Essentially Two eLoads in a Single Package
• Save Bench Space: BPL Models Offer Ultra-compact Footprint [15.65"(L) x 8.35"(W) x 5.20"(H)] and
• Boasts the Industry’s Highest Power Density
• Maximize ROI: On-bench Closed-case Calibration without 3rd Calibration Lab
• Ultra-low Compliance Voltage: Ultra-low Voltage Operation @ Up to 200 Amps
• Reliable: Individual FET Protection to Isolate Power Stage Failures
• Maximized Uptime: Redundant Over-temperature and Over-power Protection
• Ultra-quiet Operation: Fan Speed Control for Reduced Acoustic Noise Under Light Load Conditions.
• Fast Response: 25μs independently Programmable Rise/Fall Time
• Flexible Test Platform: Five Modes of Operation: CC, CR, CV, CP and Pulse Load Shaping
• Intuitive Front Panel Control: User-friendly Function Hot Keys, Full Keypad & Digital Encoder
• Integrated DMM: 14-bit Five Digit Voltage and Current Measurement Display
• Two Loads in One: Ultra-low Current Range Option for Optimized Accuracy
• More Ranges: Three Full Scale Ranges (100%, 50% & 10%)
• More Protections: Anti-oscillation & Programmable Protections: OV, UV, OC, UC, OP, & UP
• More Interfaces: Co-resident GPIB/RS-232 and Optional Field-upgradeable Ethernet/USB
• ATE Ready: Standard LabWindows and LabVIEW Drivers and SCPI Command Set
• Test Automation Ready: Four Profiles; 32 Step Points per Profile
• Fuel Cell Application Ready:
• • • • Impedance Measurement via Frequency Response Analyzer (FRA)
• • • • Current Interruption Mode for Fuel Cell Testing
• • • • Ultra-low Compliance (0.1Vdc) Voltage to Operate at High-current
• • • • Virtual Panel Provides Polarization Curve Sweep and Voltage/Current Cycling Capability
• 0 ~ 10Vdc PLC or DAQ Control Ready:
• • • • 0~10Vdc External Analog Programming
• • • • External On/Off Control
• • • • External Mode Selection
• • • • Front Panel Key Lockout Prevents Unwanted Key Entry
• More System Integration Features & Options:
• • • • Standard Remote Inhibit (RI) for Interlock Capability
• • • • Standard Dry Contact Fault for Redundant System Protection
• • • • Isolated Analog Control/Monitor Option
• • • • External dc Contactor Option
• • • • Reverse Polarity/Isolation Relay Option
• Battery Testing: “C” Operand for Battery Testing
With the eLoad line, there’s no longer a need to send your electronic load back to the factory for calibration or remove dozens of screws to reach a potentiometer. Simply follow the AMREL calibration routine from the front panel and you should be back up and running in a very short period of time (some electronic test equipment needed). This will virtually eliminate downtime and eradicate the annual cost associated with shipping your eLoad back to the factory for calibration.
Individual FET Protection
To ensure the reliability of the BPL Series, AMREL’s design includes individual FET protection. A programmable electronic load may contain many FETs in parallel, which can create a cascading failure if one of them was to short out. AMREL’s
eLoad programmable electronic load design isolates failures so other components will not be affected or stressed, increasing the system’s level of protection against catastrophic failure. With individual FET protection, the MTTR is reduced and the electronic load quickly returns to full operation.
AMREL’s outstanding engineering team can provide customizations and modifications to any of the BPL units. AMREL’scustomizations can range from a simple modification, such as a different front panel color, to a complete custom electro-mechanical design.