SPD SERIES OF DUAL CHANNEL SWITCHING POWER SUPPLIES (300W-360W)
A member of the ePower line of dc power supplies, the SPD series of dual channel switching power supplies packs two output channels into a compact 1U form factor.
Currently available with two front panel designs and numerous voltage and current options, the SPD Series offers a wide selection of dual channel switching power supply models to choose from. As with the entire ePower line of dc power supplies, AMREL can customize the SPD dual channel switching power supply to satisfy your unique application requirements.
The SPD series of dual channel switching power supplies offers:
Exceptional Features and Benefits include:
• Exclusive 360W Channels: High Power Density Channels Provide Testing Flexibility to Meet
• Power Hungry Application Demands
• Industry’s Best Cost-to-Feature Ratio: Feature-packed at an Affordable Value
• Maximizes Your ROI:
• • • • • In-Rack Closed-case Digital Calibration Saves Annual Calibration Costs
• • • • • Standard Over-voltage, Over-current and Over-temperature Protection
• • • • • In-Field Firmware Updates Keep the SPS Features and Functions Up-to-Date
• Widest Selection: Your Choice of 10 Models or Custom-tailor Your SPD today
• Flexible AC Input Selection: Select from 1ph/120 or 240Vac or 3ph/208Vac
• Rackmount Ready: Standard 19” Rackmount Kit Included
• Ideal for Industrial, Defense/Aerospace or Lab Applications:
• • • • • Four 20-step VLIST or ILIST Auto-Sequencing Profiles to Automate Tests
• • • • • 16X2 VFD for 16-bit 4-digit Voltage & Current Read Back Replaces DMM
• • • • • Exclusive Digital Encoder and Keypad for User-friendly Control Interface
• • • • • Rugged Current-fed High Power Technology Provides Reliable Power
• Increased Reliability: Unique Power Engine Design Minimizes Heat, Component Stress and
• •Ensures Performance Under High Ambient Conditions
• High Power Density: Dual 360W Channels in a 1U Package
• Quiet and Powerful: Fan-Speed Control to Reduce Acoustic Noise
• Designed for ATE Applications: Wide Selection of GPIB/RS-232/USB/Ethernet Interfaces, Standard LabVIEW and
• LabWindows Drivers, and SCPI Command Set Allows ATE System Integration with Simplicity and Ease
• Advanced Remote Fault Monitoring:
• • • • • Fault Dry Contact for Automated Protection Trip Alarms
• • • • • Remote Shut Down for Interlock and Redundant System Protection
• Two Modes in One: Operate in CV, CC or Auto-crossover Mode with Ease
• Parallel or Series Operation: For Your High Current/Voltage Applications
• Safety First Down Programming: Quickly Drains Output Voltage During Protection Trips
• Prevent Unwanted Access: Remote/Front Panel Lockout to Ensure Protection For Remote ATE Systems
• Test Flexibly: Remote Sensing Compensates Line-Drop Measurement Errors
• More Options: AMREL’s Exclusive Solid-state or Standard Mechanical Polarity Reversal & Isolation Relays
• System Expansion Ready: Master/Slave Multiple Units via Single PC Connection
• System Cost-Savings: Daisy Chain Up to 31 Channels via Single Master Unit
• AMREL’s Unique Advantage: Modified & Customized Switch Mode Power Supply Solutions Available
With the ePower line, you’ll never have to send your switch mode power supply back to the factory for calibration or remove dozens of screws to reach a potentiometer. Simply follow the AMREL calibration routine using the front panel and you should be back up and running in a very short period of time (some electronic test equipment needed). This willvirtually eliminate downtime and eradicate the annual cost associated with shipping your power supply back to the factory for calibration.
The SPD series of dual channel dc switch mode power supplies offers limit protection for over-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature. During an over-limit condition the output is shut down instantly to protect both the unit under power and the switch mode power supply.
Full Front Panel Control
AMREL’s dual channel switch mode power supply provides full front panel control of all available features. A multi-function keypad allows the user to access all settings via an easy-to-understand menu system. A LCD is provided for displaying important functions and readings.
RS-232 and GPIB IEEE-488 and RS-485 Standard
The RS-232, GPIB IEEE-488, RS-485 and Ethernet interfaces are standard on all SPD programmable dual channel switch mode power supplies. Connectors are provided on the rear of the unit. Instructions for configuring are in the manual.
The PDS series is also available with an optional Ethernet interface.
Customized Switch Mode Power Supply
AMREL’s outstanding engineering team can provide customizations and modifications to any of the SPD dual channel switch mode power supplies. AMREL’s customizations can range from a simple modification, such as a different front panel color, to a complete custom electro-mechanical design. Contact the factory or your local regional salesperson for more information on the customization of your switch mode power supply.