SPS LEGACY SERIES OF PROGRAMMABLE DC SWITCHING POWER SUPPLIES (1.2KW)
The SPS LEGACY series of 1.2kW programmable dc switching power supplies have reliably serviced the industry in a diversity of applications for over 10 years, by offering the unique combination of quality, affordability, practical feature set and options in a 1U package. This 1.2kW switching power supply was not only designed for bench-top and laboratory applications that use local or external analog control but also for ATE System Integration. When employed for ATE System Integration, users can fully utilize GPIB, RS-232, RS-485 digital interfaces, LabVIEW/LabWindows Drivers and complete SCPI command to build test stands for a variety of test applications.
Why pay for the bells and whistles when you don’t have to? The SPS Legacy’s optimized feature set and cost-effective options offer practicality, value and reliability.
With the industry’s widest selection of voltage and current options, the SPS Legacy series is not only cost-effective but also offers a diversity of customized capabilities and unique options to serve your application needs. As with the entireePower line of programmable dc power supplies, AMREL can customize theSPS Legacy programmable dc switching power supplies to meet unique application requirements or build-to-print projects.
Need higher power? The ePower line of programmable dc switching power supplies offers power ratings ranging from 1.6kW, 3kW, 6.6kW up to 900kW+ and promises quality and affordability for the industry’s widest selection of ePowerswitching power supply solutions.
Exceptional Features and Benefits include:
• Exclusive 800Vdc Model: Achieve test results with voltage ratings you need
• Industry’s Best Cost-to-Power Ratio: Why pay for features you don’t need?
• Widest Selection: Your choice of 12 models or tailor your SPS today
• Flexible AC Input Selection: 1ph/120Vac or 1ph/230Vac
• Bench or Rack-mount Compatible: 19” for ATE System Integration
• High Power Density: 1.2kW in a 1U package
• Quiet and Powerful: Fan-speed control to reduce acoustic noise
• Designed Specifically for PLC and DAQ Systems: Standard-version or Optional Isolated-version
• Analog Programming and Monitoring
• Advanced Remote Control & Monitoring: o Fault Dry Contact for automated protection trip alarms
• • • Remote Shut Down for interlock and redundant system protection
• • • Flexible 0 ~ 5 or 0 ~ 10Vdc Range Selection
• • • Factory Configured Voltage or Resistance Programming
• Two modes in one: Operate in CV, CC or Auto-crossover mode with ease
• Parallel or Series Operation: For your high current/voltage applications
• Test Flexibly: Remote Sensing compensates line-drop measurement errors
• Safety First Down-programming: Quickly drains Output Voltage during protection trips
• More Options: AMREL’s Exclusive Solid-state or Standard Mechanical Polarity Reversal & Isolation Relays
• ATE-ready: RS-232, IEEE488.2 SCPI/GPIB & RS-485 Interfaces and LabVIEW and LabWindows Drivers Available
• System Expansion Ready: Master-slave multiple units via single PC connection
• System Cost-savings: Daisy chain up to 31 SPS via single master unit
• AMREL’s Unique Advantage: Modified & Customized Solutions
Exclusive 50Hz, 60Hz and 400Hz Rated ac Input
AMREL’s SPS LEGACY programmable dc switching power supply offers various selections to suit diverse ac input requirements. Users can choose from standard 1-ph 120Vac 50/60/400Hz or 1-ph 230Vac 50/60/400Hz. Customized ac input voltage and frequency is available.
Maximize Your ROI (Return On Investment)
With the ePower line, you’ll never have to send your programmable dc switching power supply back to the factory for calibration or remove dozens of screws to reach a potentiometer. Simply follow the AMREL calibration routine using the front panel and you should be back up and running in a very short period of time (some electronic test equipment needed). This will virtually eliminate downtime and eradicate the annual cost associated with shipping your SPS Bravura back to the factory for calibration.
The SPS Bravura switching power supply offers various protection modes, including over-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature. During an over-limit condition the output is shut down instantly to protect both the unit under power and the power supply.
Stay Current on the Latest Upgrades
The SPS switching power supply offers in-field firmware updates to keep your SPS Bravura up-to-date with the latest features, functions and upgrades.
Flexible Control Methods and Simple User Navigation
Basic Local Control
AMREL’s SPS LEGACY switching power supply provides an intuitive front panel control interface emphasizing simplicity and ease-of-use. Dual control knobs provide voltage and current setting adjustments, while various LED indicators show essential operating status, protection modes, and CV/CC mode. Voltage and Current measurements are displayed on two separate 3½ digit meters.
External Analog Programming and Monitoring
For users using external analog control and monitoring, simply adjust the dip switches to select from 0~5Vdc or 0~10Vdc control mode, connect your analog voltage signal and the unit is ready to output power. Isolated or resistive analog control and monitoring is available as an option.
The SPS LEGACY programmable switching power supply comes with optional RS-232, GPIB IEEE-488 and RS-485interfaces. Master-slave options are available for system-level or multi-channel test applications. Standard LabVIEW and LabWindows drivers provide simple ATE Integration, and a complete set of SCPI Commands provide flexible programmability. All interface connectors are clearly labeled on the rear of the unit and simple “getting started” instructions allow users to begin testing within minutes.
Advanced Remote Fault Monitoring
For lights-out testing and ATE system automation, the SPS Bonafide offers fault dry contact to signal faults in the case of protection mode trips. Remote shut down of the unit is easily achievable via the low-active remote inhibit for interlock and redundant system protection.
Widest Selection of Standard & Customized Programmable Power Supplies
Select from our exclusive 800Vdc and 1000Vdc ratings or over 16 standard models.
Can’t find what you need? AMREL’s outstanding engineering team can provide customizations and modifications to any of the SPS programmable switch mode power supplies. AMREL’s customizations can range from a simple modification, such as a different front panel color, to a complete custom electro-mechanical design. Contactthe factory or your local regional salesperson for more information on our customized programmable power supplies.