· Approved by Ford acc. to EMC-CS-2009.1 requirements
· Pulses CI 220: A1, A2-1, A2-2, C-1 and C-2
· Pulse CI 260: F
· Pulses RI 130: A2-1, A2-2 using a coupling test fixture
· Fixed repetition times and pseudo-random timing
· Automatic control of mode and switch settings by micro-controller
· Easy control by manual operation
· EOL status control of the relay as per FORD requirement
· Internal/external trigger mode operation
RCB 200N1 – Generation of relay switching transients
As per FORD EMC-CS-2009.1 a part of the test pulses is not generated using a transient pulse generator similar to the ones defined as per ISO 7637 but being based on a circuitry including a Potter & Brumfield 12VAC relay and specifically defined components such as inductors, capacitors, resistors and switches with the aim of simulating "real-world transients".
The EM TEST RCB 200N1 transient generator meets the requirements set out by the FORD EMC-CS-2009.1 standard document. It is built using the components outlined in Figure F-1 to generate pulses such as CI 220 A1, A2-1, A2-2, C-1 and C-2, CI 260 F and RI 130 A2-1 and A2-2 for which the RCB 200N1 is built into a metal housing. For RI 130 testing the RCB 200N1 offers BNC-type coaxial outputs to connect the specified test fixture needed for this particular test.