· Most compact equipment
· Supports BCI testing as per various standard requirements
· Basic frequency range 9kHz up to 400MHz
· Extendable frequency range up to 1GHz
· Built-in 100W class A amplifier up to 400MHz
· Built-in RF switch to connect external amplifier
· Built-in directional coupler
· Built-in 3-channel power meter up to 1GHz
Bulk current injection (BCI) testing
Bulk Current Injection (BCI) is a test procedure to proof the immunity to electrical disturbances by narrowband electromagnetic energy. The test signal is injected by means of a current injection probe physically being a current transformer laid around the wiring harness. Immunity tests are performed varying the level and the frequency of the injected test signal. The BCI test methode is widely known in the automotive industry as well as in the military/aircraft industry to test single components of a complex system.
The CWS 500N2 is designed to be used also for tests with CDNs and EM clamps for tests according to EN/IEC 61000-4-6 and related standards.